Creating a Healthier
Adirondack Region Together
Strengthening communities, empowering individuals, transfoming health care.
Adirondack Health Institute is an independent, non-profit organization supporting hospitals, physician practices, behavioral health providers, community-based organizations, patients and others in our region to transform health care and improve population health.
NEWS & EVENTS
What is Happening at Adirondack Health Institute
It’s Time to Clear The Air in the North Country
ACT NOW to help protect the health of young people and improve the health of North Country communities by signing the online petition to raise the minimum legal sale age of all tobacco products to 21.
The 10th Annual AHI Summit
2018 – Celebrating a Decade of Collaborative Excellence:
Improving Health Outcomes
Adirondack Health Institute is making great progress in the implementation of a coordinated, multi-sector referral network throughout our nine-county service area, built on the shared Unite Us technology platform. Here are the latest updates:
- A poll was posted to select a name for the referral network. The results are in and the new network will be named ADK Wellness Connections.
- We received a terrific response to our request soliciting names for our network advisory council, which will now be known as the ADK Wellness Connections Advisory Council. We will soon be in touch with those who expressed interest in participating.
- Based on feedback provided during community strategy sessions held throughout AHI’s five Population Health Network (PHN) regions, ADK Wellness Connections will be a hybrid model referral network. This will allow for both direct provider-to-provider referrals and referrals to Coordination Centers, depending on user preference. A Coordination Center is a centralized resource for facilitating referrals between providers, ensuring all parties are informed of referral outcomes.
- AHI will be issuing a Request for Proposal (RFP), anticipated to be released the week of July 23, 2018, to select organizations to fulfill the role of Coordination in three geographic areas: Glens Falls and Fulton PHN regions (Fulton, Hamilton, Warren, Washington, and northern Saratoga counties), Plattsburgh and Saranac Lake PHN regions (Clinton, Essex, and Franklin counties), and St. Lawrence PHN region (St. Lawrence County).
- The timeline for launching the ADK Wellness Connections network has been amended to accommodate the RFP process. The anticipated launch date is now October 15, 2018.
If you have any questions about ADK Wellness Connections, please email AHI’s Community Engagement team at [email protected].
To better spotlight the work of Adirondack Health Institute and our partners, we are now using Constant Contact to share dynamic content in a more visually-appealing format. We have also rebranded our bi-weekly newsletter to reflect the full scope of information we share – AHI PPS DSRIP News is now AHInformer.
As we are an organization that administers programs and forges collaborative working relationships beyond the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program, we believe this name better encompasses the full breadth of our organizational endeavors, as well as those of our partners.
Visit AHInformer to read the first edition.